Monday, May 4, 2015

Completed: JLV Felicity Dress

Today for day 4 of Me Made May, I have a dress completed this morning, hot off the press! 




 The fabric is pretty special!! It is a Japanese double gauze from Miss Matatabi and if you look close, you can see my dog among all the sheep! I really DO love my dog!!


This pattern was a pretty easy make. It did require more fabric than I had. I was being cheap and only bought 2 yards. I was skeptical that the pattern called for 1.64 yards, but I just made it with 2. I used plain green bias tape and tucked it behind and topstitched instead of letting it show as instructed.


I'll definitely make this one again, probably the circle skirt version!
This was my first time using double gauze. I love how soft it is!! I'm thinking this dress will be perfect when it gets very hot mid-summer.



3 comments:

  1. Nice dress and great fabric, with your dog! I have recently bought at Miss Matatabi, too, Nani Iro double gauze. I am afraid that it is a little bit stiff?
    SaSa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally beautiful. Love that there is a hiding sheep dog on your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this dress! Beautiful fabric and beautiful color on you.

    ReplyDelete