Monday, May 25, 2015

completed: Gingham Cambie Dress

Do you ever have an idea for a sewing project, buy the materials, then for some reason it sits on your shelf for a few years?! That's what happened with this brown gingham Cambie dress. I finally did get around to making it!! It's exactly what I had in mind, hooray! I cut out this dress 6 days ago and finished hemming last night.



I did make a test version last summer, but then went on to other projects. The fit was fine but on this version I widened the waistband by 1/2 inch. Other than that, I moved the straps in just a touch to eliminate a little gaping at the neckline that I had.



The whole dress is lined in brown cotton voile, and the skirt is very poufy! I like that on this dress, it goes with the sweetness of the gingham fabric.

And one of the back:


I love brown gingham so much, I can't believe it took me this long to make this dress happen.


Now I'm off to the movies with my family.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You are right to love this gingham, it goes perfectly with you! The fit is spot on! Have a nice day, SaSa

    ReplyDelete