Wednesday, May 14, 2014

finished - La Sylphide

I love the name of this pattern, La Sylphide (Papercut Patterns). It just sounds beautiful. This pattern has been sitting untouched in my sewing room for about a year. I bought it as soon as I saw this version made by Lauren. Not sure why I waited so long to make it. I didn't love the pattern's cover photo, but the pattern itself was really cool. It was my first time working with Papercut patterns and I was impressed by the packaging. Everything was made of brown paper and the instruction booklet was very cute.

I chose teal lawn for this dress to match my favorite shoes! Us sewing nerds can do that, make a dress to match some shoes. (shoes: Poetic License from Modcloth)

Some slip peekage here, oops.


The assembly of the dress went very easily and the only time I was stuck I just checked the sew along  page, very helpful! This pattern can be made as a dress, peplum top or skirt. I'm curious to try another  variation. The only change I made on the pattern was to lengthen the skirt, because it's real short otherwise. I used my rolled hem foot to hem this and it worked out better than my last try, so I'm getting better at that skill.

Here's a closer one of the bow collar. Also you can see the cute flower shaped buttons I used!

I'm still posting in the Me Made May Flickr group. I have a bunch of new ideas for future sewing projects thanks to the inspiration there.

 I'm thinking next I need the Flora Dress pattern and possibly the Darling Ranges Dress, but that one is quite similar to La Sylphide. I need to concentrate on what's already waiting in my stash. It's hard not to succumb to crafter's ADD sometimes. I just want to make everything.
I have two Belladone Dresses on my sewing table now!


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I spotted it on the MMMay14 flickr group & had to see more - great work! I also have this pattern & haven't tried it (although it's just moved up the queue!) Is your fabric a cotton? It's such a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my fabric is cotton lawn. It's very light. They have tons of nice lawn at fashionfabricsclub.com. Looking forward to seeing your version!

      Delete