Tuesday, April 1, 2014

finally - Plaid Colette Macaron

This dress has been in my head for a long time! It's funny how it only took a few days to turn it into reality. I'm looking forward to experimenting more with the pattern using different fabric combos.


 Pattern: Colette Macaron




 Fabric used: Olive Plaid Sateen from Fashion Fabrics Club
This fabric was medium weight and worked well to hold the structure of the pleats.


Fitting: This dress fit well out of the envelope. I made a size 10. With the side zipper it can be a little tricky to get over your head! Once it's on, it's comfortable though. I wore this dress to Busch Gardens and rode a bunch of roller coasters in it!


I like the casual but unique design of the dress. I will definitely sew it again!

6 comments:

  1. This looks great! I've been wanting to make a plaid Macaron for a while! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slashing. I've always had designs on this pattern, but your dress had just sealed the deep. AbsolutelY stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love how you used the plaid on the bias as an accent- really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! It's so flattering and looks great on you :) I have never been attracted to this pattern but think I am now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So flattering and gorgeous dress!! Congrats! I have mine and some other Colette pattern in my head, need to find out the time to work on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this

    SSB. https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete