Thursday, May 12, 2011

spring KCWC - little Lebowski bowling shirt

Here's a project that's been in my mind for quite awhile, that I made for Travis this week. 
It's time again for the Kid's Clothing Week Challenge.

A sweet bowling shirt!

Here's the back:


I had to get a little Big Lebowski reference on this shirt, it goes without saying
...The Dude Abides.



The pattern I used is the Scientific Seamstress Bowling Shirt.  It's a great pattern to have, very detailed and specific, with plenty of photos/diagrams.  This shirt took probably around 2 1/2 hours total to sew.  I'm very impressed with my new machine's ability to make perfect buttonholes.  This was the first try!

The graphics on the back were made using my Silhouette Machine.  Then I just ironed everything on.  I also have a name patch I made for the front that I forgot to attach until now!  I don't want to sound like an advertiser for the Silhouette, but I never cease to be amazed at how fun it is.  I think the best part is that since I have a $10 monthly subscription to the online store I get to download 25 designs per month and they come out with new designs every single day. 

So that's all I've gotten done so far this week for the KCWC sewing about an hour a day.  I'm okay with that since that was a bit more complex than my usual kid's clothing projects.  For the next project, I'm going super simple with a shirt for my 9 year old boy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's darling...I especially love the graphics on the back of the shirt. I'm so jealous! I really also like the plaid on the sides, looks really great with the green!

    ReplyDelete