Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sew Serendipity skirt done!




I loved the photos in this book!  I had to have it.  I needed the skirt on the cover.  I looked around in my fabric stash and found this great blue and brown combo. I'm happy with how this came out. I've already worn this skirt out twice.
I thought this was a pretty easy pattern and I was glad this book had full-size pattern pieces included.  I heeded the author's advice and bought a ruffler attachment for my machine.  I love it!  It was so easy to make the ruffles on the skirt.  I'll definitely be making more from this book in the future.

detail - I think the pocket makes the skirt!

pretending to be a catalog model

UPDATE!  I can't believe it, this skirt won skirt week 2011 for the A-Line skirt category!!  Here is my blog post about it.
I'm so excited!  I even get to be a judge for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment